For your manicure to be perfect, long-lasting and attractive, you need to use several key products such as base, gel polish, top and primer. Manicurists use nail primer to prepare nails before the manicure procedure, giving them optimum condition and increasing the durability of the manicure coat.
What is nail primer?
Nail primer is a special base preparation that is used in manicures and nail extensions to improve the adhesion between the nail plate and the artificial material such as acrylic, gel or gel polish. Nail primers generally contain special chemicals that help to increase nail adhesion, improve the bond between the natural nail and the artificial material, and thus increase the stability of the manicure or a permanent nail, prevent peeling or chipping and provide a more durable result.
The nail primer is used before the application of artificial material to the natural nails. It performs several functions such as degreasing the surface of the nail plate, drying and priming to improve the bond between the natural nail and the artificial material.
Why do I need nail primer?
Nail primer plays an important role in creating a lasting and long-lasting manicure and pedicure. Here are a few basic functions it performs:
- Degreasing the nail plate: degreases the nail surface before nail extensions or nail modelling;
- Increases nail adhesion: Helps improve the adhesion between the natural nail and the artificial nail coating (gel, acrylic or gel), making the manicure or pedicure more long-lasting and resistant to peeling.
- Protection of natural nail: Some primers contain ingredients that protect the natural nail from chemical attack and prevent damage.
- Fungal and Bacterial Infections Prevention: Some primers contain antiseptic properties that help prevent fungal and bacterial infection of the nail.
- Smoothing: Primers can also be used to smooth a natural nail to facilitate application of an artificial nail coating.
- Increase longevity: The primer can also help to increase the longevity of the artificial nail, as it creates a stronger bond between the natural nail and the artificial material, which can reduce the risk of nail peeling or flaking off.
Proper use of primer before applying artificial nail coating can help create a long-lasting and stable manicure or pedicure, as well as protect the natural nails from damage.
Types of nail primers
Primers that are used in manicures and pedicures:
Acid nail primer is a product used in a nail extension procedure or gel polish application to create a better adhesion (bond) between the natural nail and the artificial material. It usually contains acidic components, such as methacrylic acid, adipic acid or phosphoric acid, which can help to improve the bond between the natural nail and the artificial material, such as acrylic or gel.
Applying an acid primer before nail extensions can help improve the longevity and durability of artificial nails, reduce the risk of flaking or peeling, and create a smoother surface for applying gel polish or other decorative coatings.
It should be noted, however, that acidic primers can be aggressive products and their use requires caution and adherence to the manufacturer's instructions. They can irritate the skin and nails, so an allergy test should be carried out on a small area of the skin before use. It is also recommended to use acid primers only on natural nails, avoiding contact with the cuticle and skin around the nails.
Acid-free nail primers (ultra-bond) are widely used in manicures and pedicures since they are mild and delicate to natural nails, and do not contain aggressive acids which can irritate or damage the nail plate. They may also be safer to use at home, as they do not require special manicure skills or experience.
Acid-free primers usually contain other components such as clear gels, antiseptics, adhesive and antibacterial additives that help to strengthen the adhesion of the coating to the nail plate and prevent infections. They are also available in different forms such as liquids, gels or sprays and can be applied to the nails with an applicator or brush. Before using an acid-free primer, you should always read the manufacturer's instructions carefully and follow the recommendations of the professionals to achieve the best results.
How to choose a nail primer?
The choice of nail primer depends on several factors, such as the condition of the natural nails, the type and type of nail extension material used (gel or acrylic) and the individual preference of the technician.
Here are a few suggestions that can help you in deciding which nail primer to use:
1. Type of material: Primers can be specific to gel or acrylic systems. Make sure that the primer you choose is compatible with the type of material you plan to use.
2. Condition of the natural nails: If the client's natural nails are thin, weak or have other problems, choose a primer that contains strengthening components such as vitamins or minerals to improve adhesion and protect the natural nails.
3. Brand and quality: Choose primers from reputable manufacturers with a good reputation in the manicure and pedicure industry. A quality primer can ensure better adhesion of the material to the nails and prolong the life of the nail coating.
4. Type of primer: Primers come in a variety of forms - liquid, gel, acidic and acid-free. Choose the type of primer that is most convenient for you and suits your technical skills.
5. Individual preferences: Every craftsman has his own preferences and style. Try several different primers and choose the one that you like best and gives the best results.
6. Manufacturer's recommendations: Carefully read the manufacturer's recommendations for use and storage of the primer. Follow the manufacturer's instructions in order to obtain the best results.
It is important to remember that the correct application and technique of the primer is also important for creating a long-lasting, high-quality nail coat.
How to apply nail primer?
Applying primer before applying gel polish or acrylic nails is an important step to help increase the adhesion between the nail plate and the modelling materials.
- Step 1: Prepare nails
Before applying the primer, make sure your nails are clean and dry. Remove any old nail polish residue, trim the cuticles and polish the nails to create a smooth surface.
- Step 2: Etch the nail plate
Using an antiseptic (disinfectant), clean the nail plate to remove oil, grease and other impurities and degrease it.
- Step 3: Apply the nail primer
Apply the primer to the nail plate with an applicator or brush, starting from the base of the nail (near the cuticle) and moving towards the free edge of the nail. Do not apply the primer to the skin around the nail, as this can cause irritation.
- Step 4: Allow the primer to dry
Allow the primer to dry on the nail for 1-2 minutes, or follow the manufacturer's instructions for optimal drying time.
- Step 5: Continue with nail modelling
Once the primer has dried, you can continue with the application of gel nail polish, acrylic nails or other modeling materials, following the manufacturer's instructions.
Applying the primer correctly will help create a strong and durable bond between the nail plate and the modelling materials, which will help avoid flaking and improve the durability of your manicure or nail extension.
Where to buy Global Fashion nail primer in England or in London?
Welcome to our online shop! We are pleased to offer you a unique opportunity to buy high-quality nail primers from the official manufacturer Global Fashion.
You can find various types of primers for any type of nail plate in our catalogue. We guarantee high quality products that meet the highest standards, which will ensure you a flawless result and a pleasant process of nail primers application.
If you have any questions, our support team is always on hand to help. We wish you a pleasant shopping experience!
A Primer is an essential product in the nail extension industry. It is a special solution that is applied to the natural nails before applying acrylic or gel overlays to enhance the adhesion of the product. Primer is applied to the natural nails to remove any oils, moisture or debris present on the surface of the nails. This ensures that the acrylic or gel overlays adhere well to the nails and last for a long duration. It also helps to prevent lifting of the overlays from the nail bed, which can result in damage to the natural nails and the nail extensions. Primers are available in different strengths, depending on the condition and type of the natural nails. For instance, if the nails are weak and prone to damage, a stronger primer may be required to ensure better adhesion. Conversely, a milder primer can be used on healthy nails to prevent any negative effects. It is important to note that the improper use of a primer can lead to skin and nail damage. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the primer is used according to the manufacturer's instructions. In conclusion, the use of a primer is essential when applying nail extensions. It helps to create a strong bond between the natural nails and the overlay, ensuring that the extensions last for a long duration. With the right primer, it is easy to achieve a perfect set of nail extensions that are both durable and beautiful.